Join SCCM for the virtual 2022 Critical Care Congress! Explore the latest knowledge and research through high-quality educational sessions plus connect with experts, colleagues, and peers through interactive networking opportunities. Attendees get access to educational content for one year.
On Monday, January 10, 2022, the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) announced the cancelation of the 2022 Critical Care Congress in-person event and the postponement of the virtual event to Monday, April 18 through Thursday, April 21, 2022.
The in-person event was scheduled for February 6-9, 2022, in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The virtual event was scheduled for the same dates.
“We look forward to meeting in an all-virtual environment where attendees can take advantage of greater flexibility. The virtual format means attendees do not have to worry about travel costs or restrictions, and it maintains SCCM’s high-quality programming, allowing for more world-renowned subject matter experts to participate,” said SCCM CEO David J. Martin, CAE.
Employers have implemented travel restrictions for healthcare professionals as intensive care units fill to capacity during influenza and COVID-19 outbreaks. This situation, coupled with local government restrictions, made the move to a fully virtual format necessary to provide the best possible experience.
The decision to postpone the virtual event is necessary because many of the sessions were planned as livestreamed events from Puerto Rico. The virtual option, which will include livestreamed sessions, interactive opportunities, and content access for one year, will now be held Monday, April 18 through Thursday, April 21, 2022.
Information for Current Registrants
- You are still registered for the virtual event! All registrations for the in-person Congress have been converted automatically to the virtual option. All virtual registrations have been converted to the new dates.
- If you made your hotel reservation through the SCCM hotel reservation system at one of the official hotels, your reservation is canceled automatically. You will receive a separate email from the housing company confirming your cancelation. If you still wish to visit Puerto Rico, you must book new hotel reservations on your own.
- If you made hotel reservations outside of the SCCM room block, it is your responsibility to cancel them. If you booked flights or car rentals or made other arrangements, please be sure to cancel those promptly.
- If you registered for precourses or other ticketed sessions in Puerto Rico, you should have received communication with specific details about your registration.
Have other questions?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your registration details
- Call +1 847 827-6888 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Central Time.